ELEMENTARY BUILDING SECRETARY/ SECRETARY TO THE PRINCIPAL – FULL TIME
Send Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts, References to Dr. Piera Gravenor, Superintendent of Schools
Close Date: April 30th
Prior experience working in a school setting preferred
Demonstrated detail orientation and ability to multi-task
Strong verbal and written communication skills and solid project management skills
Excellent customer service skills; maintains confidentially as required and appropriate
Ability to assist parents, staff and students as needed
Strong computer skills and working knowledge budget system and software
Assists with morning substitute process
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Oncourse, Google docs
NJDOE required criminal history background check
ELK SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Elk School District does not discriminate in its employment practices, business action, and/or educational opportunities because of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Elementary School Academic Intervention Specialist/ESL Teacher
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to join our elementary school as an Academic Intervention Specialist. The successful candidate will play a vital role in supporting the academic success of all students, with a particular emphasis on providing targeted interventions for English-Language Learners (ELLs) and other students facing unique learning challenges. This position requires exceptional communication skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to develop individualized strategies to meet the diverse needs of each student.
- Collaborate with teachers and staff members to identify students’ individual needs and develop effective instructional plans.
- Provide targeted interventions and support to students, including ELLs, struggling readers, students with learning disabilities, and those facing other academic challenges.
- Implement evidence-based strategies to enhance language acquisition, reading comprehension, writing skills, and content-area knowledge.
- Conduct ongoing assessments to monitor students’ progress and adjust instructional strategies accordingly.
- Maintain accurate records of interventions, assessments, and student progress.
- Foster strong partnerships with parents or guardians, providing regular updates on their child’s progress and offering guidance on supporting learning at home.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and best practices in academic intervention, special education, and English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction.
- Collaborate with teachers and instructional teams to promote an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Valid teaching certification or license.
- Demonstrated experience in academic intervention or special education settings.
- Strong knowledge of instructional strategies, assessment methods, and individualized support techniques.
- Familiarity with cultural responsiveness and the ability to address the diverse needs and challenges of students from various backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students’ academic success.
- Ability to differentiate instruction and adapt teaching strategies to meet the diverse learning needs of students.
- Proficiency in utilizing educational technology and software tools to enhance instruction and student engagement.
To apply for the Elementary School Academic Intervention Specialist position, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter highlighting your qualifications and interest in the role
- Updated resume showcasing relevant experience and education
- Copies of relevant certifications or licenses
- Contact information for three professional references
- Please send your application materials to Dr. Anthony Fitzpatrick, Assistant Superintendent at [email protected] by June 12, 2023.
Note: Our school is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The position supports all students, including, but not limited to, ELL students, in their academic journey.
Aura Elementary School is currently seeking a full-time custodian. Potential candidates, please click here and print out the application. Please send your completed application along with your interest letter and resume to, [email protected]